As you can imagine, with all the shows we list and with weekly links being added, sometimes things get a little messy, so following these simple rules helps us all. If you have any questions or think something should be added, please let us know.
1. Post ed2k links in plain text only - that means no [url] or <..> tags of any kind. We have mods in place that will automatically add: (a) the filesize to each link; (b) a 'check sources' link for the file; and (c) a mdomino99.biz tag to the link.
2. Standardised Filenames. We require all filenames to follow the same standard, like so:
If the links you provide are not already in this format it is your responsibility to add the required information before you post the link. For episode titles please visit http://www.tv.com/ - http://www.tvrage.com/ - http://www.tvmaze.com/ or just follow the series link in the main post of each thread. If any other information is already included in the filename, please delete it. Please note only add the audio codec if it is not MP3 (for avi) or AAC (for mp4), or if the scene released it with audio tag included, otherwise it is not necessary (please provide technical specs if you are unsure).
This is correct:
This is NOT correct:
ghost whisperer - 1x19 - [&&%%]
Please use correct codec and release group names:
XviD not XviD, XviD, XviD or XviD
x264 not x264
FoV not FOV, LOL not lol, XOR not xor
DVDRip not DVDRip or DVDRip or DVDRip
WEBRip not webrip or WebRip or WEBRiP
Acceptable characters in a filename include (NO spaces or double dots - single dots ONLY):
For consistency, we always start all words in shownames and episodetitles with caps.
In episodes with two or more titles, they are separated by ".-." as in "Blah.-.Halb".
3. Links are to be SOURCED and VERIFIED. Post links only when you are actively sharing the full file. Verifying does not necessarily involve watching the file from beginning to end, but at least check the beginning, middle and end of the file to make sure it is the correct episode. Do everything you can to never post an unverified link.
Posting fakes or unshared links will result in warnings and ultimately a ban.
Note: it seems it is necessary to point out the obvious: don't post more (or larger) files than your bandwidth can support.
Being a full source isn't enough, if users are unable to download from you, or has to queue for weeks for a brand new episode. Don't bite off more than you can chew! Repeatedly doing so may result in warnings and ultimately a ban.
4. We now require all links to include AICH.
AICH is the last part of a verified and complete link (AICH = Advanced Intelligent Corruption Handling).
It prevents a single bad byte (due to bad clients or bad memory) from leading to corruption of a whole 9.28 MB chunk, and allows recovery of the correct blocks.
5. Every series thread follows the same layout. Have a look at other posts and follow the same layout if you can. If you don't, a staff member will simply change the layout for you (or trash the topic).
6. ONE THREAD PER SERIES, and ONE SEASON PER POST No ifs or buts!
7. Don't steal bandwidth. If linking an image, use an image hosting site like imageshack, photobucket, postimage or similar. Hotlinking to another site is bad form and every time someone views the post we are essentially stealing that other site's bandwidth.
8. Don't add new links to an already existing post, ALWAYS post new links in new posts.
Don't quote (=duplicate) links. Don't copy (=duplicate) other users' links (or your own, for that matter).
None of this will in any way help "keeping the topic clean". There are reasons moderators moderates, and not users.